Learning modules and case studies will be CME (Continuing Medical Education) accredited, which will be an important incentive for clinicians to participate and demonstrates ESID's commitment to create an online learning environment which is robust and scalable.
Users will be able to easily use the search bar to navigate their way through the ESID online learning portal and filter materials by topic, author or type of educational material.
ESID aims to create a wider scope of online learning activities, extending the reach of highly valued online educational content and to encourage interaction and community building.
The ESID educational platform will offer:
- Core curriculum and guidelines for clinicians and researchers active in the field of primary immunodeficiencies;
- Links to other educational resources from related events (as approved by partner societies);
- CE/CME accredited, interactive, online learning module(s), and/or case-studies;
- All existing online learning materials of ESID.
Medical education plays an important role in the quality of healthcare delivered across the globe. By providing support to the ESID online learning portal, you are making a vital contribution to these efforts. All support is managed in compliance with relevant accreditation and industry compliance criteria/codes and will be disclosed to participants.
By providing an educational grant towards the online educational portal, you are making a vital contribution to the efforts of ESID to improve the quality of healthcare delivered across the globe. This educational grant will be used for development, maintenance and promotion of the ESID online learning portal and will support the mission to improve awareness, treatment, education, and understanding of care for patients with immunodeficiency disease.
- Support will be disclosed in the Industry Support section of the ESID online learning portal, on the footer of the ESID online learning portal and in materials to promote the ESID online learning portal.
- All educational grants are managed in compliance with relevant accreditation and industry compliance criteria/codes. In order to ensure independence of all CME accredited elements, companies providing grants may not influence the topic, speakers selection, or any other aspect of the content.
- Please contact us for more details.
Case-Study / E-learning Course
Educational grant towards the support of an interactive case-study / e-learning course with content created specifically for the ESID online learning portal.
Recent studies show that a majority of healthcare professionals are increasingly looking to online CE/CME to help satisfy their education and credit needs. The case-study / e-learning course can be CME accredited.
- Support will be disclosed in the Industry Support section of the ESID online learning portal, on the footer of the ESID online learning portal, and in promotional material of the ESID online learning portal.
- Support will be disclosed in the introduction of the case-study / e-learning course.
- All educational grants are managed in compliance with relevant accreditation and industry compliance criteria/codes. In order to ensure independence of all CME accredited elements, companies providing grants may not influence the topic, speaker selection, or any other aspect of the content.
Educational materials from industry
ESID encourages continuous improvement of knowledge in the field of immunodeficiencies through the ESID online learning portal. Applications are open for materials provided by industry that can contribute to improve awareness, treatment, education and understanding of care for patients with immunodeficiency diseases. The materials of proposals must support or develop ESID educational activities. Possible online educational materials that could be added to the ESID online learning portal: E-learning course, Online Case-Study, (Congress) webcasts, Abstracts, Podcast Interviews, Slide presentations/e-posters, and Research outcomes.
- Support will be disclosed in the Industry Support section of the ESID online learning portal.
Applications will be reviewed by the ESID office and ESID Educational Working Party according to the following criteria:
- Proposals should have an international focus rather than be country specific;
- The findings, outcomes, or product of the application must support or develop ESID educational activities;
- All applicants must declare any conflict of interests with their application.
ESID Educational Working Party review process:
- Review of application (max 2 months);
- Applications to be distributed for review.
- ESID Educational Working Party to select reviewers (all reviewers must complete a conflict of interest form).
- Distribution of feedback;
- All applicants will be provided with feedback.
- Applicants will have time to incorporate feedback and resubmit their proposal.
- Notification of results;
- If approved materials will be added to the ESID online learning portal in the separated Industry section.
Blended Learning Programme
Funding support to the development of a blended learning programme. In order to improve physician competencies and ultimately improve patient care, ESID is offering blended learning opportunities. This interactive and well-received learning method combines face-to-face learning with online learning. Trainings and educational activities can be blended in many ways. Blended learning courses have proven to be a popular choice for learners as it allows learners to take advantage of much of the flexibility and convenience of an online course while retaining the benefits of the face-to-face experience.
- A blended learning programme of ESID includes:
- Online pre-/ post-test and/or an online pre-/ post e-learning course/ case-study linked to a Symposium/ Educational Session* at the ESID Congress for a face-to-face session
- Support will be disclosed in the Industry Support section of the ESID online learning portal, congress- and ESID society website
* Needs to be requested separately as is not included in the cost above.
Combined Support Package
In order to give you the opportunity to support different educational initiatives of ESID, we can arrange tailored and combined packages to suit your objectives.
A combined support package can include support to the ESID congress, ESID summer school and ESID online education portal.
Opportunities can include, but are not limited to:
- Educational Grant in support of the ESID congress, ESID summer school and ESID online learning portal.
- Satellite Symposia (non-CME commercial/promotional sessions) combined with support for the ESID summer school and/or ESID online learning portal. Partners are free to choose their topics, invite speakers, and control content. However, topic and programme are subject to approval by the scientific committee and all such sessions will be indicated in the programme, as such.
- Abstracts on USB combined with support for the ESID online learning portal.
The total contribution will consist of items such as advertisements, congress materials and activities, support for the ESID summer school, and educational activities on the ESID online learning portal. You will benefit from outstanding advantages linked to your support package.
Support and Recognition
Partners for the ESID online learning portal can provide unrestricted or restricted financial support to contribute to improving awareness, treatment, education and understanding of care for patients with immunodeficiency diseases through online education. Unrestricted sponsors provide financial support and partnership to our aims and activities. Partners who wish to support a particular program activity can provide restricted sponsorship.
ESID recognise that corporate partners can often provide support in the form of services and materials and we welcome discussion of these aspects of support as part of an overall support package. We seek to work with a broad range of industry partners and multiple partners to support the ESID online learning portal, to ensure as much expertise as possible is focused on our mission.
For more information about our various partnership opportunities kindly contact:
Diana van Brakel
Manager Continuing Education
Tel: +31 20 763 01 10